Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Eye-Opener

I’m back from Cameron Highland. It was really a good mission trip. It was truly an eye opener to me. I learn so much in the mission trip. To actually experience discomfort and hardship all for our love for Christ really boost up my Christian walk to strive even more for Him. How often I complain when things gets a little rough when serving God, but what I failed to realize was how much more other people have strive all because of their love for Christ. But now I know, I’ve seen, I’ve learn…

So sad…. Most of the people that I’ve bonded closer with throughout the mission trip won’t be around for the next semester due to industrial training and graduated…sob sob.. Really feel it, just when I started to get close to them and begun loving them things have to change… I'm sad but there's nothing that I could do about it.
But truly I have learned so much from each one of them.
This is what I’ve learn from you guys : (just wanted to let you guys know)

Rachel
TO BE WILLING TO GO DOWN TO A PERSON”S LEVEL IN ORDER TO RELATE TO THEM
Rach, I’m truly amazed at how you could really connect with people, just being one of them. You really taught me to put away all differences and just reach out.

Esther
TO BE HAPPY
Esther, I realized that your bubbliness and cheerfulness spreads. It’s contagious. You taught me to stay happy and not be gloomy because it affects the people around us.I want to spread happy atmosphere the way you do.. =)

Audrey
SERVANTHOOD
Audrey, you must be wondering why I said that I learned that from you. When I saw you wiping the muddy church floor in Batu 24 after the church service really struck me. I question myself, ‘Will I be willing to do what you did without being told to do so?’. You really taught me what it means to humble myself to serve God.

Heidi

GIVING MY BEST
Di, I see you giving your very best with whatever you had. Even in areas that you don’t have much experience in it (playing the guitar, sharing for devotion), yet you are willing to give whatever you had to please God. You taught me to do that too. I learn that we should give our best even in small things. I’m proud of you girl for taking up the challenge to go for this mission trip, and we sure did pull through.

Michelle
BELIEVE IN GOD, BELIEVE IN PEOPLE
Michelle, you taught me to have faith in God’s protecting arms. I remembered you saying that you just know that God will protect us throughout the rough trip in and out of the jungle. You taught me to believe in people because you believed in me. Yeah, thank you for believing that I could share well for the morning service. I really admire your down-to-earth-character…=)

Daniel
LOOK OUT FOR OTHERS
Daniel, you taught me to always be on the look out for others. You really take the initiative to make sure that we’re ok. I’ve learned from you to constantly watch each others back.

David
SERVING WITHOUT RECOGNITION
David, the little things that you do counts. You reminded me that it is not necessary to get credit for the things that we do.



~Rachel, Esther, Audrey, Heidi, Michelle, Daniel and David:
You guys are Great! Thank you for your Love, Support, Friendship and All that you have taught me. I’m blessed, truly bless…=)
Love you guys…..*bearhugz*~



Papa in Heaven, I thank You for EVERYTHING. Thank You for Your PRESENCE, PROTECTION and PROVISION throughout the mission trip.
Love You so much…*muaks
*



6 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gal! I can see that we've all grown a little more spiritually after the mission trip and I agree with what you said bout everyone..but just wanna thank you that you were always so supportive of the team..always so enthusiastic, always sparkling..hehe..
Very very very proud of you..being the youngest, smallest, yet able to stand in front of the congregation and to share God's word with them..without a hint of nervousness, overpowering the pouring rain with your voice..i tell you, if it was me I'd be stuttering..haha..jealousnya~

hehe..*hugs and kisses*

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger RacH said...

sniff*
i'm so touched... by everything you saw and complimented about everyone. thanks for noticing the little things people do.. the little things that make up a person's character.
and i couldn't have said it better. you summed up everyone perfectly! muaks*

and you...i already mentioned a lil in my blog. but adding to you boldness, thank you for putting aside the fact that you're our smallest and youngest team mate. for rising because God has made you great! for giving your all in everything you did. I am truly proud of you. every one of you.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger dK said...

wow great post :) in agreement with everything said ;)

take care and will miss you too!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger jacintha said...

Heidi and Rachel :
Just giving my best. A totally new experience for me. Something worth gaining...=)
Thank you for believing in me.

Daniel: *hugz*

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger sojourner said...

wow! :P So happy for you all... hehe

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger .:mysh:. said...

jacintha - :) it wasnt misplaced belief, was it? so so so proud of you. and glad we got to talk somemore during the trip. think you've grown some since i first met you - and there can only be more. keep on living that legacy live, yah? and gurl... your BM rawks - big time! *hugg*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home