Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 31, 2005

A-mazing

I had a great weekend I would say, yet it was so tiring... Went shopping on Saturday with my parents, then rushed all the way back to attend a dinner. I haven't been attending any grand dinner for ages. Grace Church Banting was having a fund raising cum anniversary dinner. My church got a table, but the youth fund came out half of the cost of the table. So my youth committee went for the dinner together with my Pastor. The good part about the dinner was we got a table right in front of the stage. This is because my Pastor and the other church's Pastor knows each other. It was cool as I got to see Altered Frequency and Patrick Leong perform live. Totally cool. Now left Juwita Suwito only, really want to see her perform if I ever had a chance to.

Just yesterday, Sunday, I went to 'Boaz Home' with my youth after main service. 'Boaz Home' is a home for special people. We were expecting to see children there, but when we went there, guess what, most of them were adults. Although they are adults, they have children mentality and some of them lives in their own world. It was truly a challenge for the youth. They didn't really felt that comfortable being there in the beginning. But as me, I was kind of glad that we chose to go there. It was truly an eye-opener for the youth and I really wanted them to watch and learn. Although they didn't like it in the beginning, things got better later. We ate with them, sang some songs, played some games and did a puppet show. The games part was challenging, yet it was really good. One or two youth were assigned to each 'kids' there, and their role is to guide them throughout the game. There was this 13 year old boy there who is hyper active. He goes around disturbing people, throwing their spectacles around, pulling peoples' ears, kicking people... I myself got kick by him a couple of times. I'm so amazed and proud of the youth for being so patience to deal with these people. On the way back, I spoke to some of the gals, they said they learn something..... so happy... great and succesful trip- much to learn and much to be thankful for. I'm Sooooo PROUD of you guys.....=)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Later that night, we went to Glad Tidings for a concert by Paradise church featuring Guy Sebastian. It was kewl... I'm a fan of Guy, so it was good to see him live for the first time, what more worshipping God. And my Pastor made me grin with envy....he'll be having meal with Guy... yeah he knows Guy's family. Can I tag along?

God has been teaching me so much about humbleness through others. Ever since the mission trip till now Boaz Home.... I've seen and I'm challenge. I begin questioning myself so many times 'Am I WILLING?' That's right, am I willing to go that extra mile to do it? Still learning about humbleness but not quite there yet. God has showed me much. If I don't learn anything from what I've seen, that's really disappointing to know.
'Still learning, please show me more God'

1 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gurl~~

looks like you're enjoying your holidays~ :)

you went for Guy's concert? I wanted to go but no teman..then I wanted to ask you but I scared you din have transport..argh...darn.....hehe, nvm, didja take piccys? autograph? album?

tell me all abt your holidays when school reopens k?

I miss ya loads~~~~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home